Throughout the awful diagnosis process from start to well..now, (since there isn’t usually much of a finish for us) there are a few things that we as Warriors have to come to grips with.
- You’re going to lose “friends” and even some family will shockingly avoid you like the plague. Why? Thus far, all I have come up with on the reasoning behind it is that they don’t know how to “handle” it. Don’t know how to handle it..? Well damn, neither do we! We just got thrown into it and were forced to handle it. None of that matters to them though. Cry and move forward because God will always replace what He takes with something better.
- You’re going to have a hard time with dating. As much as I hate to say it, it’s true. Guys in my age group especially don’t like anything that requires a lot of work. During this time, you don’t need any extra headaches with relationships anyways (stress is one of our biggest enemies). They make toys for pleasure without the headaches 😉
- You’re going to have to get tough. Real tough. We are Warriors for a reason and the War is on. Don’t worry, we’ve got you. 🤗😇
- You’re going to have to research your own health problems in great detail. Be as thorough and repetitive as you need because you will need to be your own Doctor..to the Doctors quite frequently. Remember it’s your body.
- The ER is 99% of the time not your friend, especially if you have Endometriosis,POTS, Crohns Disease or anything else that isn’t common. Eventually you’ll get the names or nurses and ER Dr’s that actually know what they’re doing and be able to build a relationship with them so they know your background.
- You’re strong. Stronger than most people and you can do this. .I wish someone had told me that at first.
- You’re not alone. You’ll feel like the world is falling apart around you and some days will be super bad, but always try to remember in the middle of the spiralling that YOU AREN’T ALONE. There are tons of us all over that are fighting this and it really does help to know that. So reach out and rant. Ask questions, I’ve got answers!
If you are religious,I definitely recommend daily prayers for strength and guidance. Know that no matter how tall the task, how large the army, you have God and He is all you need. 🤗❤